About the Alliance for Children and Families
Mission and Vision
To strengthen the capacities and influence of our national network of high-impact nonprofit human-serving organizations so that together we may pursue our vision of a healthy society and strong communities for all children, adults, and families.
Partner for Impact
So that together we will increase the number of children, adults and families who are able to live healthy and productive lives, and realize their full potential as contributing members of their communities.
This focus will allow our network to contribute to:
- Decreasing the number of people living in poverty
- Increasing the number of people living safe and healthy lives, and
- Putting more people onto pathways for educational and employment success
By effectively amplifying the knowledge, expertise and unique value of our network and mobilizing them and the communities they serve so that they positively influence society.
By being a go-to source for research and development in human services.
About the Alliance
The Alliance is a membership association that provides a variety of services to private nonprofit human service organizations and community centers throughout the United States and Canada. Alliance members are organizations dedicated to serving and advocating for children, families, older adults, and communities.
In carrying out its mission, the Alliance for Children and Families helps its members master the commitments of high-impact organizations. The Alliance developed this set of commitments to serve as a blueprint for achieving meaningful, lasting-results in nonprofit-human-serving organizations.
To help its members become proficient in all of the commitments, the Alliance offers:
- Networking. The best national peer network.
- Knowledge. Useful, timely, and relevant information.
- Solutions. Innovative solutions to difficult challenges.
- Public Policy. Access and influence in the nation’s capitol.
Leverage for Impact
The Alliance serves nearly 500 member organizations, representing a significant force in the nonprofit human services sector.
Collectively, Alliance members:
- Serve more than 4.6 million clients annually
- Operate with a combined $6.3 billion budget
- Employ approximately 138,300 full-time employees
- Operate in 2,200 locations
- Are governed by more than 8,600 board members
- Benefit from the goodwill of roughly 200,000 volunteers
- Receive generous support from approximately 296,000 individual donors
The Alliance also bolsters its impact by leveraging the unique strengths of its community development financial institution, which currently operates the Ways to Work poverty-reduction program and its social enterprise FEI Behavioral Health, which provides organizations with flexible solutions for the full spectrum of workforce resilience goals.
Our MISSION and VISION: To strengthen the capacities and influence of our national network of high-impact nonprofit human serving organizations so that together we may pursue our vision of a healthy society and strong communities for all children, adults, and families.
Hear from several members of the Alliance network.
Hear from John Jeanetta, president and CEO of Alliance member Heartland Family Service in Omaha, Neb.