Aramark Building Community
Since 2007, Aramark and Alliance for Strong Families and Communities have partnered to help communities and families succeed and thrive through Aramark Building Community (ABC). Together, we have mobilized Aramark volunteers, neighbors, community centers, and stakeholders and leveraged our expertise to make an impact in the areas of workforce readiness; nutrition and wellness; and access to safe, enriching neighborhood gathering places.
Through Aramark Building Community, the Alliance connects Aramark with Alliance member organization and other nonprofits as well as provides and helps direct resources to organizations to impact families and communities. Aramark provides grants, leadership, and the time and talent of Aramark employees to local community centers across the country. Together, we’ve:
- Distributed nearly $500,000 to community center partners in 2014
- Recognized one outstanding executive leader every year since 2011 through the Peter B. Goldberg Aramark Building Community Executive Leadership Award
- Impacted over 5,000 community members through 19 organizations and engaged nearly 400 Aramark employees through 2014 Aramark Building Community Grants.
- Nearly 5,000 Aramark employees partnered with over 60 organizational partners on Aramark Building Community Day on March 14, 2014.
Read the Aramark-Alliance Partnership 2014 Impact Report for details on the program's community-level impact.
Aramark Building Community Goals
- Build the capacity of community centers to realize their core mission through the investment of time and resources
- Foster long-term relationships between Aramark employees and local community centers through meaningful and ongoing volunteer experiences
- Leverage Aramark’s expertise to make an impact in the areas of workforce readiness, health and wellness, and access to safe and healthy spaces to enrich neighborhoods
- Increase the visibility and profile of local community centers through targeted marketing and communications around key programs
Partnership Program Areas and Grant Opportunities
The Aramark-Alliance partnership includes four key programs and grants:
Aramark Building Community Academy. A forum to enhance the operational and program excellence of community centers in the areas of health and wellness and employment through learning and grant opportunities. In 2013 and 2014, a total of $150,000 was distributed to eight Alliance member organizations to increase the scale of strong health and wellness programs. This exclusive grant opportunity is open to all Alliance member organizations.
Aramark Building Community Grants. Provide community centers with resources to plan and implement activities with Aramark volunteers to strengthen communities and help families succeed in the areas of workforce readiness, health and wellness, and in addressing basic needs. From 2009-2014, $659,250 has been invested in 52 cities through ABC grants. The Alliance shares this grant opportunity with eligible community center partners and connects them with local Aramark volunteer teams. The Alliance’s goal is to help eligible member organizations establish a long-term relationship with Aramark. In 2015, we aim to provide $100,000 to community center partners.
Aramark Building Community Day. Bring Aramark volunteers’ collective energy and expertise to make a difference in communities one day every year. ABC Day occurred on March 19, 2014 and focused on inspiring kids to be healthy for life. In 2015, ABC Day will occur on Sept. 17. The Alliance shares this grant opportunity with eligible community center partners and connects them with local Aramark volunteer teams.
Peter B. Goldberg Aramark Building Community Executive Leadership Award. Advances the role of community leadership in driving local impact by recognizing one outstanding executive leader every year with this annual award. The award winner is recognized at national and regional events, and receives a $40,000 grant for his or her community center. This exclusive grant opportunity is open to all Alliance members.
Contact the Alliance Center for Engagement and Neighborhood Building with questions about the Aramark-Alliance partnership and funding opportunities.