The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities Center for Engagement and Neighborhood Building features a web-based repository of engagement resources including literature and member materials related to authentic engagement, community building, and the settlement house movement.
Repository of Engagement Resources
Alliance member organizations can request information related to the settlement house movement, civic engagement, and other relevant topics by contacting the Alliance's Severson Center Library.
The Center for Engagement and Neighborhood Building recommends these additional knowledge development resources:
- Families in Society. The Alliance's family and community social work journal, which advances innovative research related to the capabilities and well-being of individuals, families and communities.
- Alliance for Children & Families Magazine. The Alliance's quarterly magazine often features the authentic engagement efforts of members of the Alliance.
- Alliance Reports. Directory of Alliance reports and articles related to neighborhood building.
- Online Resources. Variety of information for supporting nonprofit civic engagement and community building, informing boards and staff, and working with neighbors.
- Alliance Member Stories. Narratives showcase the many local programs and activities that promote healthy neighborhoods for children and families.
For questions or more information about Alliance resources related to engagement and community building, contact the Center for Engagement and Neighborhood Building.