Mission-Based Advocacy Toolkit
The Mission-Based Advocacy Toolkit was developed to help nonprofit human service organizations better advance their mission and goals through advocacy and civic engagement.
The toolkit provides tangible resources for:
- Educating staff, board members, and volunteers
- Organizing and implementing an advocacy agenda
- Participating meaningfully in democratic decision making by voicing ideas and opinions
The basic principles outlined in the toolkit can be applied to all levels of government: local, county, state, and federal.
The toolkit is organized in two basic sections:
- Mission-Based Advocacy Primer. Serves as a reference manual and contains basic information about government, nonprofit lobbying, and building organizational capacity for advocacy work
- Mission-Based Advocacy Tools. Provides a variety of examples, forms, tools, and resources organizations can use