A Comprehensive Resource for External Relations Expertise
Organizational Advancement Resource Solutions (OARS) is the professional peer community dedicated to helping build the fundraising and marketing capacities of staff within the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities network. As an Alliance Peer Exchange group, OARS is your gateway to educational opportunities, informative materials, and personal consultation that can deepen your fundraising and marketing expertise. More than 500 individual professionals across the Alliance network provide and share these resources.
Prior to fall 2015, OARS was known as Resource Development Solutions (RDS) and dealt only with fund development topics. Recognizing the frequent integration of development, marketing, and communications objectives, RDS was expanded and renamed OARS to offer assistance and best practices across the entire range of external relations.
While content and webpages are being augmented and renovated to align with OARS, you will see mentions of RDS and, for now, an imbalance of material focusing on development. Look for fresh marketing-oriented content in the months ahead.
Led by an advisory committee of veteran CEOs, chief development officers, and chief marketing officers, OARS facilitates the sharing of ideas, best practice solutions, and new opportunities through:
- Online Discussion Group. Email a question to hundreds of development and marketing professionals
- Webinars. Presentations on trending topics delivered to your desktop (CFRE credit available)
- Consultation Helpline. In-depth conversations with OARS Advisory Committee CEOs and chief development officers about your development or marketing issue
- Training Manual. Downloadable PDF full of best practices specific to human serving organizations (self-study with CFRE credit)
- Research. Sample plans and documents, customized funder research, and grant listings via the Alliance’s Severson Center
- Blogs and Columns. Inspiration from leaders in the community engagement field
Have marketing or development expertise to share? Express your interest in joining the Advisory Committee.
For more information, contact the Alliance Development Department.