The 2018 Alliance Commitments Awards will nationally recognize up to four Alliance for Strong Families and Communities member organizations that exemplify the best of the sector through mastery of the Commitments of High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations and achievement of meaningful, lasting positive change that enables children, adults, families, and communities to realize their full potential.
To be eligible, applicants must be active Alliance member organizations in good standing and current in their dues at the time of application.
Applications must be submitted online by May 18, 2018.
Selection Criteria and Process
In 2018, the Alliance will recognize member organizations that are working toward and have achieved positive impact in four areas that have been identified as critical for achieving the Alliance’s vision.
Up to one award winner will be chosen in each of the following impact areas:
- Population Health and Well-Being: Strategies and solutions that deliver and/or advocate for integrated, holistic, prevention-first models that respond to the social determinants of health and achieve improved outcomes, particularly for populations experiencing disparities.
- Educational Success: Strategies and solutions that deliver and advocate for a continuum of cradle-to-career educational supports that prepare children and youth to succeed in the 21st century.
- Economic Opportunity: Strategies and solutions that support living wages and pathways to financial well-being that support increased stability and reduced poverty.
- Safety and Security: Strategies and solutions that ensure children, adults and families thrive and are safe from abuse, neglect, violence and exploitation.
Award recipients will be selected based on evidence of positive impact and specific illustrations of how the organization has practiced the Commitments of High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations to achieve lasting change with children, adults, families, and communities.
How to Submit Applications
Applications must be submitted through the online form by May 18.
View the application questions online.
Organizations may submit applications under multiple impact areas.
Award Selection and Presentation
To be eligible, organizations must be Alliance members in good standing. Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of Alliance staff and sector leaders. Applicants will be notified of the decisions by June 11. Awards will be presented during the Alliance National Conference October 15-17, 2018 in Denver, Colorado.
The Alliance Commitments Award winners will receive:
- A professionally produced video that spotlights the organization’s impact and why it is exemplary
- One complimentary registration for the 2018 Alliance National Conference in Denver, where the award will be presented
- A crystal award
- National recognition through the Alliance website, Alliance E-News, and Alliance social media channels
- Outreach toolkit including a copy of the video file
Direct questions to Candise Hardy-Bullock, operations associate, at the Alliance, at 414-359-6584.