Nov. 15 at Noon-Nov. 17 at noon
Design solutions to solve difficult problems and seize new opportunities at the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities’ Innovation Design Summits. Each summit will be focused on a different mission-critical issue to the Alliance network, and all will call on participants to roll up their sleeves.
These are not conferences. Innovation Design Summit participants will collaborate to design ideas and solutions that can be adopted and accelerated by the Alliance network. Presenters and collaborators from the Alliance network and public and corporate sectors will provide stimulus to inspire and guide work completed onsite.
Building a 21st-Century Social Sector Workforce
This time of rapid change is replete with challenges facing nonprofit human services organizations and their ability to hire and retain skilled and knowledgeable staff. As organizational budgets shrink, innovative approaches for investing in the social sector workforce is critical. Consider just a few of the trends:
- Long tenured leaders are retiring at a rapid pace
- Millennials are reshaping the workforce
- Decreased unemployment and growing competition for talent is putting pressure on nonprofits to attract and retain high performers
- Lack of diversity in the workforce, particularly in leadership representing communities being served
At this Innovation Design Summit, leaders from the Alliance network and public and corporate sectors will learn, problem solve, and develop action plans around these challenges, and ensure a systemic approach in talent development efforts that simultaneously facilitates growth and change within individual staff, their managers, and their organizations.
- Innovative approaches to recruiting, engaging, and retaining human services staff
- Increasing the quality and diversity of staff
- Leading multi-generational workforces effectively
- Addressing the leadership deficit
- Recruiting talent from within community
Thursday, Nov. 16