This spark session will help participants develop strategies for moving their organizations beyond the “optics” of diversity to developing a sustainable diversity and inclusion framework that:
- Makes the mission-critical case for diversity and inclusion beyond just compliance
- Helps organizations balance inclusion and not just diversity
- Prioritizes inclusive staff and board leadership
- Integrates diversity an d inclusion into all talent practices, not just recruiting
- Helps organizations drive accountability and frees them to go beyond metrics tracking
Presenters: Lisa Brown Alexander, CEO, Nonprofit HR; and Jamal Jimerson, founder/executive director, Minority Inclusion Project
Connect on Twitter: @NonprofitHRCEO
Lisa Brown Alexander
Lisa Brown Alexander is the CEO of Nonprofit HR. Under her direction, Nonprofit HR has served some of the most prominent organizations in the country including Amnesty International, Greenpeace, and Goodwill Industries International.
With more than two decades of human resource management experience working with nonprofits and for-profit organizations, Brown Alexander and her firm have proven that better human resources management can play an integral role in nonprofit success.
She is a frequent speaker at national nonprofit conferences and events and has authored scores of articles in nonprofit and HR publications on human resources issues.
Minority Inclusion Project Inc.
Jamal Jimerson is the founder/executive director of Minority Inclusion Project Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization creating pathways to leadership for people of color, while helping community organizations become diverse, inclusive, and equitable.