2019 Rising Leaders Scholarships
In support of leadership development within its network the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities will be offering up to six registration scholarships for staff at member organizations to attend the 2019 Senior Leadership Conference. In addition to participating in the conference, recipients will benefit from mentoring from senior manager at their organizations and follow-up coaching sessions with members of the Senior Leadership Conference Council. Scholarships will be awarded to individuals or a combination of individuals and teams of three from an organization.
All travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient. Individual scholarships are limited to one per organization. Previous SLC scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
To apply, complete the online form by Nov. 13, 2018. All recipients will be notified by Dec. 14, 2018.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
Be employed at an Alliance member organization
- Be a rising leader within their organization
- Attend the 2019 SLC with a mentor (senior manager from the organization) who agrees to provide coaching prior to, during, and after the conference on applying concepts learned
Rising leaders may come from any organizational department or level. The 2019 Scholarship Working Group will select the scholarship recipients based on the following criteria:
- Years of experience in management and/or leadership positions
- Scope of management/leadership responsibilities in current position
- Length of time in current position
- Current position’s level within organization structure
- Length of time with organization
- Potential impact for organization by attendance—how it will further organizational goals
- Potential impact for individual by attendance—how it will further individual professional development goals
Scholarship Recipient & Mentor Expectations
All scholarship recipients and their mentors are required to attend the full conference Feb. 16-19, 2019.
Scholarship recipients are required to attend:
- Pre-conference phone call, to be scheduled within 10 business days of recipient notification; wait to make travel arrangements until after this call
- Rising Leaders Chat with Alliance President and CEO Susan Dreyfus – Saturday, Feb. 16 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Welcome Reception – Saturday, Feb. 16 from 6-7 p.m.
- Rising Leaders Dine Around (Dutch treat; mentors also required to attend) – Sunday, Feb. 17 at 6:30 p.m.
- Meeting with SLC Council Coach – Monday, Feb. 18, time TBD
- Post-conference check-ins with SLC Council coach to be arranged throughout 2019
Failure of the scholarship recipient or the mentor to participate in the above-mentioned activities will result in forfeiture of the scholarship. The Alliance reserves the right to invoice the organization for the cost of the registration fee should this occur.
Some events are not required, but the Alliance does encourage scholarship recipient participation in all networking activities and receptions.
Direct questions to the Alliance Conferences and Meetings Department.