If you are working to address opportunity gaps in education, especially for children of color and children experiencing trauma, dig into this reading list related to the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities Innovation Design Summit: Accelerating Achievement for All Children, to be held Oct. 18-20 in Chicago.
There’s still time to join the summit, where you’ll use your experiences and expertise, as well as the human-centered design process, to build solutions that improve school culture and climate.
Click on the spark session topics to access the publications, many of which have been authored by the presenters.
- Community Schools: An Evidence-Based Strategy for Equitable School Improvement
- Education and Community Building: Connecting Two Worlds
- Together We Can: A Guide for Crafting a Pro-Family System of Education and Human Services
- Trauma Sensitive Schools Toolkit
- Trauma Sensitive Schools learning module series
- "A Time to Heal" article series
- Engagement in Action: Successes in Mental and Behavioral Health
- "The Dawn of Systems Leadership"
- Funding Brighter Futures Discussion Paper
View full details for the Innovation Design Summit and register online to participate.
Contact the Alliance Meetings Department with questions.