On July 18, 2018, U.S. Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) introduced S.3231 - Task Force on the Impact of the Affordable Housing Crisis Act of 2018 along with 10 cosponsors. This bill would create a bipartisan affordable housing task force to better understand and respond to America’s affordable housing crisis. Specifically, the resulting bipartisan taskforce would:
- Evaluate and quantify the impact that a lack of affordable housing has on other areas of life and life outcomes
- Evaluate and quantify the costs incurred by other federal, state, and local programs due to a lack of affordable housing
- Make recommendations to Congress on how to use affordable housing to improve the effectiveness of other Federal programs and improve life outcomes
Given the current affordable housing crisis, our voice is essential in helping to ensure that all families, children, and older adults have access to safe and affordable housing. Send a letter to your senators and representative urging them to support the creation of this bipartisan taskforce on affordable housing.
- Enter your information below to identify your representatives
- After submitting your information, review our sample letter and edit it to reflect your experiences
- When you are finished, click Send a Letter
Contact the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities Office of Public Policy and Mobilization with questions.