Human service organizations leverage funding from federal programs to design services that fit the unique needs of their communities. However, federal programs that help build well-being are often targeted for cuts or elimination by elected officials. Share stories to educate lawmakers on how federal resources can be used to transform lives, families, and communities.
Share stories related to:
- Community Services Block Grant
- 21st Century Learning Centers
- Promise Zones
- Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
- Child Care Development Block Grant
- Regional Partnership Grants reauthorized through the Families First Prevention Services Act of 2018
Be sure to include how the specific funding source supported a program and the impact that the program had on participants, perhaps by providing prevention services, addressing root causes, providing two-generation support, or reducing costs to the state. Consider also sharing how federal funding helped leverage additional support to make the program more effective.
Once you enter your information in the fields below, you will be taken to a screen where you can enter your story.