With millions of children, adults, and families across the nation experiencing barriers to achieving their full potential, the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities works with thousands of committed social sector leaders to help their organizations more positively impact their communities. During this time of immense change in our field, the imperative for our network to be strong, excellent, distinct, and influential has never been greater.
Rooted in the historic cause of advancing equity for all people, the Alliance is a national strategic action network driven by members aligned through shared ownership and a common vision to achieve a healthy and equitable society. The Alliance serves as an incubator for learning and innovation to generate new solutions to society’s toughest problems and aggregates the very best sector knowledge. Further, it accelerates change through dynamic leadership development and collective actions to ensure policies and systems provide equal access and opportunity for:
Our Strategic Action Network
Through a spirit of reciprocity, Alliance members support one another in:
- Being well-resourced and financial sustainable
- Embracing leadership that reflects racial and ethnic diversity
- Leveraging a strong and diverse talent pipeline
- Creating and adopting effective, innovative approaches
- Distinguishing themselves by mastering the values-focused Commitments of High Impact Nonprofits
The Alliance's strategic action network is comprised of member organizations located across the United States, including:
- Direct Service Organizations. Private, nonprofit human-serving organizations, settlement houses, neighborhood centers, and grassroots organizations that provide services to children, families, adults, and communities or that focus on economic empowerment or neighborhood development; this includes both religiously affiliated and secular organizations
- State Associations. State or regional federations, councils, and associations that primarily represent private, nonprofit human serving organizations serving children, families, adults, and communities
- Affiliate Members. Higher education institutions, foundations, public entities, or for-profit organizations that have knowledge, interests, values, and an agenda that is aligned with the vision and mission of the Alliance and its network.
Members of the Alliance share a common vision of creating a healthy and equitable society so children, adults, and families may achieve their full potential. They provide and lead an array of programs such as counseling, education and enrichment, adoption and foster care, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, and civic engagement and advocacy.
Learn more about the strategic advantage of Alliance membership and how to become a member online.