2020 Commitments in Action Celebration
Through a yearlong celebration in 2020, the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities is commemorating five years since the release of the Commitments for High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations. Serving as a strategy playbook for excellent, distinctive, and influential community-based human serving organizations, the Commitments outline research-based practices and values are foundational to achieving lasting impact.
The celebration will recognize and elevate the stories of the organizations whose ingenuity, innovation, and vision, as part of the Strategy Counts initiative, helped the Alliance to establish the Commitments framework.
Strategy Counts Sites:
- Beech Brook
- Great Circle
- Hathaway-Sycamores Child & Family Services
- Heartland Family Service
- Holy Family Institute
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service of the Suncoast, Inc.
- Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC)
- Rising Ground
- Starr Commonwealth
- The Opportunity Alliance
- The Village Network
- Villa of Hope
In addition to sharing their expertise in blog posts, articles, interviews, radio interviews, case studies, white papers, workshops, and more, the Alliance will feature the celebration at our events:
- Feb 22-25: 2020 Senior Leadership Conference. The celebration will kick off with a poster walk exhibit at this conference focused on organizational excellence in Savannah, Georgia.
- March 18-20: Impacting Poverty through People and Place Convening and Study Tour. Learn and explore how to effectively generate opportunity by co-creating with community and engaging all voices at this convening, featuring BakerRipley in Houston.
- May 18-22: Executive Leadership Institute. With our new partner, Loyola University Chicago, the Alliance continues to enhance the institute’s Commitments-centered curriculum, featuring learnings from thought leaders and peer discussions with leading community-based organizations.
- October 19-21: 2020 National Conference. As the Alliance concludes with its premier event, we invite you to join us in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, to network and consult with leaders from our exemplary Commitments organizations.
Through the sharing of these stories, the Alliance intends for all organizations to see how they can continue to engage the Commitments in their organizational strategy and culture to ensure that they are well positioned to achieve the positive, lasting results.
Thank you to our Commitments in Action Celebration Sponsors!