The Alliance for Strong Communities and longtime partner Mutual of America believe it is important to invest in and develop rising director-level and executive leaders so that they can create systemic change to ensure everyone can achieve their full potential. To strengthen human services leadership, Mutual of America will provide several scholarships for individual to attend the 2020 Executive Leadership Institute.
The institute is a collaborative effort between the Alliance and its new educational partner Loyola University-Chicago. Students engage in 100 hours of content that is delivered in two concentrated four-and-a-half-day sessions in consecutive years. The course of study includes pre-reading, formal presentations, interactive sessions, a practicum, and individual mentoring. The Executive Leadership Institute is designed for senior leaders as well as new CEOs, offering the best in content and knowledge.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following through the online form below by Feb. 7, 2020:
- A one-page description on how participating in the Executive Leadership Institute will assist you in building your leadership skills (1,000 word maximum)
- Hold a leadership role at an Alliance member organization in good standing
- Attend the first-year session May 18-22, 2020 at Loyola University-Chicago
- Cover travel and hotel costs; the scholarship covers one year of tuition, including most meals
- After the 2020 institute session, provide a brief report on the value of the experience, lessons learned, and how you will use this development opportunity to improve your performance and leadership within the sector (reports due May 29, 2020)
Contact Undraye Howard, senior director of equity, diversity, and inclusion and engagement with questions.